OTiS CLaPP #ESMYDEE Sol Republic Headphone Contest!
Do you know who OTiS CLaPP is? Have you heard his latest project #ESMYDEE? The Queens, NY native in conjunction with Sol Republic, Rot10 Musik and GoWhereHipHop wants to give you a chance to win some Track Headphones! Best/Most Creative/Funniest Comment of the screen shot from his #ESMYDEE Video wins the headphones! Check Out the rules below!
A born and raised rock junkie, The R.O.A.R. finds himself crossing the medium into the electronic realm. Straddling the line between Coachella and Ultra music Festival is where you will find the R.O.A.R., a live Artist/DJ that can cater to both types of crowds. Having paid his dues touring the world in a van, playing in underground PUNK BANDS, and performing on NATIONAL TV with his Electro-Rock combo The Fire and Reason, The R.O.A.R. has been building towards this perfect storm his whole life.
Returning to his rock roots, “She’s Out Of Control” has the kind of distorted electric bass line that most rock bands would kill for now a day. Not quick to leave behind his new mistress of electronic dance music, “She’s Out of Control” has the build up and drop structure you would find on your favorite dance floor.
“She’s Out Of Control” tells the tale of an amalgam of people. The listener is left to ponder will they just stand idly by and watch or will they stand and fight to help the person they care about. “She’s Out Of Control” is a twist on the bright lights big city tale, where a beautiful young soul is seduced by the smooth talking, money flashing “bigwigs” and slowly becomes what they may have hated in the beginning…
With remixes by the incredible ETC! ETC!, WRKD, and Sandwich Island Bass, each artist helps bring the song right back into the dance floor. Who says you can’t have meaningful, emotional, soulful club music that is a little more rock than meets the ear.
Now at the tender age of three and at a critical point in the genre’s development, one of moombahton’s most beloved producers has taken things to another level to keep the global sound’s winning ways alive. Formerly known as Mr. Vega of the now defunct Sazon Booya, the newly re-christened Ricky Vaughn is bringing the heat as he boldly prepares to take the reigns in the increasingly mainstreaming game of electronic dance music. Vaughn’s debut release, “The Sazon Archives” – not unlike his character namesake – is a major league compilation of sounds that is, indeed, a very wild thing.
While a member of Sazon Booya, Vaughn’s work as a production mastermind developed and evolved into one of moombahton’s signature sounds. Boisterious, sensual and large enough to overpower the underground and keep festivals like New York City’s Electric Daisy Carnival thirsting for more. The nine tracks included in this compilation reflect the passion that Vaughn has for the sound, as well as an idea of the depth and scope of his future plans. Aware of the issues surrounding the end of his previous partnership, the “Sazon Archives” is a bold step ahead into a future that remembers the incredible parties of the past while fully aware of the peak-hour mayhem to come.
Searing poly-rhythmic melodies combine with intense basslines meant to turn hips into pendulums on tracks like the hip-hop sampling “AutoCannonz” and bass bin destroyer with a hint of Latin flair “Raggaton Spice.” Names hot on the tongues of festival and EDM fanatics like ETC! ETC!, Kid Cedek and :DFACE alongside Vaughn’s frequent co-conspirators Otis Clapp and ATC make their presence known in top-shelf collaborative efforts. Furthermore, the trance-meets-rave style of an oft-mentioned moombahton don even gets an homage along the way on arena filler “Frillon Dancis.”
Just like the movie-icon baseball pitcher for which he’s named, with the “Sazon Archives,” Ricky Vaughn slams the door and seals the deal on not just the potential for excellence in moombahton’s future, but as to if his commitment to excellence and desire to maintain a spot at the forefront of global bass music’s most pop friendly revolution were in question. Bringing the heat with these jams with an expectation of many more wild things to come, Ricky Vaughn’s major league talent has arrived!
The people over at Tokidoki has made a custom headphone band for Sol Republic and are giving away a pair of headphones in a contest using our very own Kid Cedek’s Face! Details Below!
“To Enter: Submit your best KID CEDEK face via INSTAGRAM or VINE. Be sure to Hashtag #kidcedekface and also mention @tokidokibrand @SOLREPUBLIC @kidCEDEK. Contest Starts Friday, March 29th at 2:30PM (EST). Ends Sunday, April 7th @11PM (EST). Winner will be announced Wednesday, April 10th 2013. GOOD LUCK!!!“
Atlanta native and Kid Cedek’s right hand man Sin Diesel has a suprise instored for everyone. His ep titled “Bow Tie” is being released in april, but first he wanted to share his track “Paranoia” as a promo for everyone to enjoy and download! Be sure to stay tuned with the final release date! Check out his title track Bow Tie on Mr.Vega’s Latest Mix!
Mr. Vega has been known for constantly bringing heat and this track is no different. Hitting you hard with a heavy bass, dirty dutch electro style synth, and a vocal chop saying Humans For Dinner has you feeling like your running away from zombies in the jungle. On top of releasing this today on Beatport, hes generous enough to let it go for a free download on his soundcloud! Make sure you stop by his Facebook page and tell him thank you!
In just two years, what began as an experimental project between producers SAV and Mr. Vega has throttled into three EPs. With the addition of hypeman Mystereo, they’ve gained support from the likes ofSkrillex and Dillon Francis, and developed a full-blown touring schedule.
With a slower BPM (typically between 108 and 115) and a sexy latin-infused bouquet of sounds, Moombahton, and in particular Sazon Booya, underscores the “dance” in dance music, and the steady rise of this lesser-known form of EDM bubbled up in a big way last year.
The film was roughly shot over a year and was directed by SAV’s longtime filmmaker friend, Robert Dume. Sandwiched between cinematic performance moments lies a compelling narrative that charts the origins of the group and their name, the arrival of the frenzy inducing Lucha Libre mask donning Mystereo, and the future that lies before them.
In the film, we learn that the bind that initially connected the two SB members and Mystereo was, in fact, Skrillex: Vega was a producing friend, Mystereo was a Skrillex hype opener, and SAV was formerly Sonny Moore’s videographer.
“I got to experience so many things with him,” SAV says of Skrillex in the film. “Everything I learned from being alongside Skrillex, I applied to what we are doing now. That’s why I think a lot of success comes from those experiences, with him.”
Fans will learn that after loving the group’s first track, “Lluvia,” Moombahton creator Dave Nada wanted to add the song to his SoundCloud page , and urged SAV & Vega for a band name — and Sazon Booya was born.
Sazon Booya released the third EP Oye Mami via Rot10 Musik on Thursday (January 24) and the gents sent over an exclusive stream of their new collaboration with Mad Major Melvin, “Major Booyahton,” for all you fans to enjoy.
The long awaited and highly anticipated Circus Freaks EP by Kid Cedek is now availible on Beatport and all Online Retailers! If you didnt catch it back a few months ago for free then this is your chance to purchase a remastered version! With Remixes from Sazon Booya, Team Jaguar, ETC!ETC!, AGLORY, Street Lurkin and Que Serock, all ranging from Moombahton, Electro, Trap and Dubstep, this is something for everyone!
What a year it’s been. Can’t even fathom how far I’ve came within 12 months…This time last year, people barely even knew who MiniMaxX & DJEJ were… Gotta give thanks to the entire Rot10 Musik team and all of my family/friends for supporting, believing & inspiring me along the way. I also want to thank all of you, my followers/listeners. I don’t do this for money/fame, I do this because its about the music & making people feel good!
Here’s a pretty comprehensive set featuring, what I feel, is some of the best moombahton of 2012 (& beyond). 2 Plus hours, 89 tracks, I hope you enjoy!
1. MiniMaxX & DJEJ – Macho (Ft. Education) (O.M.F. HMD intro edit)
2. Sazon Booya – Impacto (Ft. Otis Clapp)
3. MiniMaxX & DJEJ X Corrupted Data – Fire Now
4. Bro Safari – Quieres Sexo (feat. Sazon Booya)
5. Kid Cedek – Chingoteo (Original Mix)
6. Hudson Mohawke – Cbat (Grandtheft Edit)
7. Craze – SELEKTA! VIP
8. MiniMaxX & DJEJ – Roombah
9. Hoodie – El Mecanico
10. Education – She Ain’t Really Pretty
11. Bro Safari – The Clap (Ft. ETC!ETC!)
12. Diplo – Express Yourself
13. MiniMaxX & DJEJ – El Sonido
14. Corrupted Data – Nupid
15. JWLS – Alerta
16. Paul Lee – Pun El Gato
17. ETC!ETC! – Kilogram
18. :DFace – Mad Man
19. Loops Of Fury – I Need (112 Rework)
20. Clockwork – Hulk (Dillon Francis Remix)
21. Sazon Booya – Wind Up (Ft. ETC!ETC!)
22. Gent & Jawns – Holler
23. :DFace – JAWA
24. Paul Lee – Alien Invasion
25. Pickster Ft Scarub – Raise Em Up (Nightmare! Remix)
26. Leisure – Savior (Dirty Audio Remix)
27. Alvin Risk – Survival
28. Valentino Khan – Flaregun
29. Team Jaguar – Understand
30. MiniMaxX & DJEJ – ZULU! (Ft. Gueso)
31. The Flexican & FS Green, Vato Gonzalez – Bumaye (Wessel S Moombahton Mashup)
32. Sazon Booya – Oye Mami
33. O.M.F – Fumoton
34. JWLS – Bashin (Nadastrom More Bounce Edit)
35. Beat Down The Kid – Stayin’ Alive (Bootleg)
36. Daft Punk – Aerodynamic (MiniMaxX & DJEJ Bootleg)
37. Justice – D.A.N.C.E. (Ma-Less Moombahton Remix)
38. Daft Punk – Too Long (MiniMaxX & DJEJ “Moombahdisco” Remix)
39. :DFace & Sazon Booya – Let It Be
40. Madeon – Finale (Dillon Francis Remix)
41. Ryan Marks – Fiji (Dirty Audio Remix)
42. JWLS – Ezekiel
43. JWLS – Lagrimas
44. Valentino Khan & Will Bailey – Rukus
45. MiniMaxX & DJEJ – Movimiento
46. Munchi – Tempo Got My Back
47. Paul Lee – Bring Ya Booty (CORRUPTED DATA Remix)
48. MiniMaxX & DJEJ – Tempo Got Our Back (Las Gurlas)
49. 2 Chainz Ft. Kanye West – Birthday Song (Sazon Booya Remix)
50. MiniMaxX & DJEJ – Hacia Abajo
51. D Rakkas – Gangsta Revival (JWLS Remix)
52. Boyfriend & Krinjah – Yuh Body Good
53. Leisure – Dude
54. Diplo Ft. Elephant Man & GTA – Move Around
55. Cam Jus – Chase The Devil
56. D!RTY AUD!O X gLAdiator – Buss Up
57. ETC!ETC! – Fresh
58. Team Jaguar – The Crew (Kid Cedek Remix)
59. Munchi – Dipset Anthem (Moombahton Remix)
60. A$AP Rocky – Pretty Flacko (2Deep & DJR Bootleg)
61. Flosstradomus – Rollup (Baauer Remix/Chong X Remix)
62. Phat Duece – Bubble Di Sistem (Big Makk Remix)
63. Juicy J X The Weeknd – Codeine Cups (JWLS Moombahton Flip)
64. Craze – Selekta (JWLS Remix)
65. Schlachthofbronx – Dickie Riddim
66. Paul Lee – Bring Ya Booty (MiniMaxX & DJEJ Remix)
67. Des McMahon – Albino Ass Slap
68. NAPT – Gonna Be Mine (Valentino Khan Remix)
69. Br Safari – Uncrushable
70. Valentino Khan & Will Bailey – Mayday
71. Mr. Vega X O.M.F – Push Pit
72. Des McMahon – Gringo Juice
73. ETC!ETC! – Big Booty Bitches
74. MiniMaxX & DJEJ – Servezas
75. ???? & ???? X ???? – Ahora Es (Beta)
76. Bro Safari & ETC!ETC! – Suspects
77. MiniMaxX & DJEJ Ft. D.Ray & Spiff – Silence (Beta Instrumental)
78. Knife Party – Sleaze
79. Munchi – Guess Whose Back
80. El General – Te Ves Buena (ETC!ETC! Rebirth)
81. ???? X ???? – ????
82. No Doubt – Love Down (Major Lazer Remix)
83. Dillon Francis – Bootleg Fireworks (Burning Up)
84. Nightmare! X Spol – Youngstas
85. Sazon Booya Ft, Valentino Khan & Comrade – Un Aplaudo De Mano
86. MiniMaxX – Que Loca (Beta)
87. MiniMaXX & DJEJ – Subelo (Ft. Gueso)
88. Boyfriend X Big Makk – 6AM
89. Disgraceland – Been Lean
AS PLANNED! WE DANCE HARDER (A YEAR IN ROT10 MUSIK) IS A COLLECTION OF SOME OF OUR FAVORITE RELEASES THIS YEAR! CHECK OUT THE EXCLUSEIVE TRACK FROM DJ Kid Cedek X MUST DIE ON HERE AS WELL! TRACKLIST BELOW!
AGLORY – Rumbilition
Aire Atlantica – The Company
Cam Jus – Chase The Devil
Carrier – Slapback
Craig Williams – Reconnect
:Dface – Mad Man (gLAdiator Remix)
:Dface x Grande Fanali – Stand Up
Don Valdez – En La Disco
Dust One x Sin Diesel – Lebron Wade Pt II
Kid Cedek x MUST DIE! – Cats (VIP)
Kid Cedek – Chingoteo
Kid Cedek – Alarma! (VIP)
Kid Cedek – SANDUNGHETTO
Kid Cedek – Sientelo (Dust One Remix)
MiniMaxX & DJEJ – ZULU
MiniMaxX & DJEJ – Tempo Got Our Back
Mr. Vega – No Stuntin
Res & Dez – Grind N Roll (Vito Smash Remix)
Rotten Ralphie – Hot Gal
Sazon Booya x ETC!ETC! – Shes The Bass Drum
Sazon Booya & David Heartbreak – Rompe El Suelo
Shelco Garcia, David Heartbreak & Teen Wolf – Bass Dirty
Sin Diesel – Lebron Wade Pt I
Team Jaguar – Krups
Theme Night – Crowd Control
Worm Feat Jay Jacob – Chasing Shadows
Worm x Sin Diesel – I Wish I Was Latino Feat Bebo